Representing one of the fastest growing and largest industries in the nation, the graphic technologies program at UNI features hands-on learning in state-of-the-art graphic communication labs. Instruction includes diverse areas such as traditional print publishing, digital publishing, and the industry workflows from design conception to product fulfillment. Students gain the knowledge to be successful in this rapidly-growing field.
Students are challenged to apply a combination of lecture-based and practical application courses in order to complete real-world problems. This program tests students with the most up-to-date standards in equipment and computer software to build relevant skills in vital areas of graphic technologies/communication.
Additionally, coupled with management, marketing and business classes, the program provides the necessary talents to properly operate successful business enterprises.
The graphic technologies program:
- Focuses on the technology needed to produce the millions of print and non-print imaged products used in all aspects of our lives. Develops both technical and creative aspects of student abilities.
- Is one of the ten largest industries in the United States.
- Presents all imaging processes and methods through laboratory activities, discussion, observation and formal study.
- Is taught by dedicated faculty who have strong professional relationships with members of industry.
- Has more than 20 departmental scholarship opportunities available to students.
Typical entry-level career positions for graduates of the program include:
- Print Technician
- Digital Graphic Designer
- Technology Manager
- Project Manager
- Imaging Specialist
- Graphic Coordinator
- Easily transfer your credits with one of our more that 400 articulation agreements.
- Advantageous to transfer an A.S. or A.A.S. degree.
- Transfer up to 65 credit hours to UNI from an accredited two-year institution.
- Work directly with a UNI advisor to assist in creating a transfer plan.
- If you have taken courses at a two- or four-year institution other than UNI and what to get an idea of what courses will transfer, check out our Transfer Plan-It tool.
- Ask about the Admissions Partnership Program (A.P.P.).
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
COMMON CAREER AREAS
FIND OUT MORE
Have questions or want more information? Fill out the form below and someone from the department will contact you directly. To receive general university information from UNI’s admissions office, please click on ‘Request More Info About UNI’.