Whether you are constructing a skyscraper in mid-town Manhattan or putting the finishing touches on a new home in Cedar Falls, all construction projects require precise management and leadership skills. At UNI, students not only learn innovative construction science techniques and engineering methods, but are also armed with the business management knowledge to lead day-to-day operations of a construction site.
The construction management curriculum at UNI was designed with input from contractors from around the state of Iowa and across the nation to provide a conceptually-based program focused on teaching the future leaders of a fast-paced construction world.
UNI’s construction management program:
- Is designed to effectively educate students on the efficient use of capital, people, machines and materials to complete a project on time and to the specifications of the contract.
- Combines practical business skills with engineering concepts and project planning.
- Includes hands-on, real-world learning opportunities on campus and on-site with industry as well as seminars hosted by industry experts.
- Is taught by dedicated faculty who have strong professional relationships with members of industry.
Graduates of the construction management program enter industry in a variety of positions, including:
- Project Manager
- Safety Engineer
- Business Developer
- Project Scheduler
- Assistant Superintendent
- Easily transfer your credits with one of our more that 400 articulation agreements.
- Advantageous to transfer an A.S. or A.A.S. degree.
- Transfer up to 65 credit hours to UNI from an accredited two-year institution.
- Work directly with a UNI advisor to assist in creating a transfer plan.
- If you have taken courses at a two- or four-year institution other than UNI and what to get an idea of what courses will transfer, check out our Transfer Plan-It tool.
- Ask about the Admissions Partnership Program (A.P.P.).
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
COMMON CAREER AREAS
FIND OUT MORE
Have questions or want more information? Fill out the form below and someone from the department will contact you directly. To receive general university information from UNI’s admissions office, please click on ‘Request More Info About UNI’.